Founded in 1995, Braemar College is a private secondary school located in downtown Toronto, on the St. George campus of the University of Toronto. Our programs are designed to ensure students realize their academic, personal and social potential while engaging with the best of Toronto's diverse culture and community.
- Since 1995, we have been teaching and caring for young people from Canada and around the world.
- Owing to our tradition of excellence, we have pathway partnerships with top universities.
- Our university partners include University of Toronto, Ryerson, York, and Waterloo.
- Our Fast-Track term system allows students to graduate 50% faster compared to semestered schools
- We have five annual intakes, September, November, February, April and July.
- We are centrally located, in a safe, easily accessible downtown neighbourhood.
Our Take: Braemar College
The quality of the academic program at Braemar College is a draw, as is the flexibility of the program: there are five annual intakes, and courses are offered throughout the entire calendar year. The location, though, is a principle draw as well, and rightly so. The school sits on the property of the University of Toronto, right in the very heart of the city. As such, it is adjacent to a wealth of world class resources, not limited to those of the university campus, but also museums, theatres, parks, urban hubs, transportation, and even the provincial legislature, which is a block or so away. Students get a sense that they are in the thick of things, and indeed they are, with so many cultural and academic resources so close at hand. Student life here is as close to a university program as you can have without actually being enrolled in university. For many, that can be an inspiring and galvanizing experience—students not only are preparing academically for post-secondary studies, they are growing into that social environment as well. Braemar College is large, though very comfortably so, and students report a vibrant and personal student experience with ample latitude for personalised support and enrichment.