What Randolph-Macon Academy says:
An application is reviewed when all of the following information is received:
- Application: Signed by both parent & student, with photo and application fee. ($75 for U.S. citizens and $200 for international students; non-refundable.) We prefer you apply directly online, but you may also download an application. R-MA also accepts the SSAT Standard Application.
- Personal Essays: Grades 9-PG must write two one-page essays. Grades 6-8 must write two half-page essays. Details are within the online application.
- Proof of Identity: Copy of birth certificate or passport.
- School Records: To include transcripts, standardized test scores, discipline record, and other applicable school information.
- Admission Test: We will accept the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT). Registration information and testing sites near you can be found at www.ssat.org. Our school code is 6000. Other standardized testing can be substituted.
- Recommendations: Two letters of recommendation are required.
- Interview: Interview and tour times are available Monday through Friday, 8am - 3pm, by appointment. Saturday interviews are available on a limited basis, and must be scheduled at least 72 hours in advance. If you live too far away to visit campus, a phone or Skype interview will be arranged. R-MA's Skype account is R-MA.Admissions.
Once all application requirements have been met, the Admission Committee will review the material to determine the applicant's qualifications for acceptance and the family will be promptly notified of the decision.
International students may visit the International How to Apply page for more information.
Randolph-Macon Academy offers equal opportunity for admissions, regardless of race, sex, color, religion, national or ethnic origin.
Disqualifying Factors: Review the complete Academy Admission Policy before inquiring.
Students with past criminal involvement need not apply. Candidates who are currently dismissed from another school, have juvenile charges pending, or are currently on court probation will not be considered for admission.
R-MA is a college preparatory school. Candidates who do not plan to attend a school of higher education or who cannot function within an environment of high standards and an Honor Code are discouraged from applying.
Students under a physician's care for a severe medical condition(s) may not be eligible for admission. Such admissions will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the appropriate physicians and the R-MA medical staff. The primary consideration is the health and safety of the child. The Academy is not obligated to accept any student that could potentially present a liability for the school.